COLINES® has been always investing in their research and development department, as we are totally aware that the flexible packaging’ market is strongly and constantly evolving. That’s why we have been studying all the possible developments related to the use of MDO (which stands for Machine Direction Orientation) units. After focusing on the mono-orientation of CPP film, achieving a significant downgauging while creating better mechanical and optical features for the film, we spent the last months developing very innovative features about the mono-orientation of CPE film.
MOPE offers amazing features, which could be crucial for creating a valid alternative to some existing products in various markets. Step by step COLINES® is getting the best results in this field, thanks to the ongoing developments of the MDO units.
COLINES’ MDO units are now more accurate and convenient than ever:
- The patented heating system with infrared ray heaters inside the rollers allows the orientation without any temperature dissipation, which is the most common fault of standard cylinders.
- The IR heating system minimizes the energy consumption as well.
- Sensors detect the temperature directly on rollers’ surfaces, for a more accurate reading of the data.
- Every roller is divided in at least three transversal zones for temperature control, assuring a perfect uniformity of the surface temperature.
- The operating temperature is reached much faster than in oil or water systems, which means a dramatic reduction of scrap during line startup.
- The infrared eliminates the risk of potential oil and water leakage, which represents an enormous advantage in terms of environmental sustainability as well as in terms of safety. This system is fully risk-free for potential fires.
- The independent adjustment of the cylinders’ position, speed and temperature significantly reduce the “neck-in”.